Interested in joining WCYO? Audition for a spot!
Auditions for the 2017-2018 season:
Monday, August 14th
Saturday, August 19th
Monday, August 28th
- Auditions are by appointment only.
- To signup for an appointment, please fill our our Audition Registration Form
- Once you register, you will receive an email with a confirmed date, time and location of your audition.
- A $25 registration fee, payable at your audition, is required to audition. If you are accepted to and join the orchestra, this fee will be applied toward your tuition.
Please read the audition requirements below. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Andrea Walkup at email@example.com
JO Audition requirements
VIOLIN SCALES The Violins are divided into 2 sections: Violin I and Violin II.
– For consideration in the Violin I section: C, G, D, A, F. All two octaves.
– For consideration in the Violin II section: C, G (two octaves), D, A, F. All one octave unless noted differently.
VIOLA & CELLO SCALES C (2 octaves), G, D (2 octaves), A, F. All one octave unless noted differently.
BASS SCALES C, G, D, F. All one octave.
A piece will be provided that is comparable to WCJO literature
A prepared piece of any style demonstrating your best ability.
YO Audition requirements
Strings, woodwinds, brass and harp
- All 3-octave major scales
- A prepared solo
- A prepared solo or etude
- All major scales (Xylophone, Marimba)